Interested in Externship Opportunities?
Central Texas Veterinary Specialty & Emergency externship program provides veterinary students the opportunity to gain experience in a state-of-the-art specialty referral and emergency facility dedicated to delivering both high-quality customer service and patient care in the Austin/ Round Rock Area. Our program is designed to allow senior veterinary students the option to choose from a variety of small animal clinical services such as Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Emergency & Critical Care, and Rehabilitation. Students may select one area of interest or rotate through several services during their externship experience. We do have 2 locations with some specialties limited to one hospital.
All students are expected to attend and participate in departmental rounds. Students are asked to review various cases observed during their rotation and be able to answer questions posed to them.
Prerequisites for Externship:
- Must have a primary professional interest in small animal, surgery, medicine, ophthalmology, oncology, neurology, or emergency and critical care
- Preferences are given to 4th-year veterinary students
- Students are responsible for securing their own housing and transportation during their externship
- Students are expected to dress in scrubs and/or business casual attire with a white coat
- Letter of Intent – include the specific dates you would like to participate as well as areas of interest
- Two months' notice preferred