Specialty appointments at CTVSEH are scheduled an initial consultation once a referral is sent by your primary care veterinarian. We want to make sure that you and your veterinarian have decided the best next course of action in care of your loved one. This also allows your pets medical care to be managed not only by CTVSEH, but with your primary care veterinarian as well. Please check with your family veterinarian's office to see that a referral has been called in prior to contacting us for an appointment.
The initial consultation appointment can be made by you or your family veterinarian. This can be done by contacting the appointment line of CTVSEH at 512-892-9038.
- Early patient CHECK-IN is available and highly suggested after scheduling your appointment.
- Your initial consultation appointment will take 30 to 60 minutes. Please bring your pet with you to the appointment.
- Please ask when setting up your initial appointment if normal food and water is alright the day of your pet's appointment.
- Following examination and assessment by one of our doctors, a diagnostic and treatment plan will be prepared and discussed with you. In some cases, x-rays or lab tests may need to be repeated, or additional tests may need to be performed. All of this will be discussed during your initial consultation appointment.
- You may be able to leave your pet for further tests or surgery the same day, depending on the procedures to be performed.
- Please bring all medications and special foods that your pet may need in preparation for a stay at CTVSEH
- If your pet requires hospitalization, please be assured that every effort will be made to make your pet comfortable. We offer pet beds, towels, blankets and pillows to provide a comfortable surface for your pet. We ask that you not leave anything with your pet other than food or medications as they may get soiled and then mixed up with other items of the hospital during cleaning. We know how special these items can be and we want your pet to have them when they return home.