Central Texas Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Hospital is proud to announce “Make-it-Pawsible”, a charitable fund that offers grants to qualified pet owners who need financial assistance to provide life-saving care for their pets.
All too often, even the best pet owners can find themselves financially unprepared to provide the care needed to save their pet. They are faced with heart-wrenching decisions when the necessary treatments are just out of reach.
Inspired by clients who want to help other pet owners afford necessary pet care, CTVSEH has established a charitable fund with the Veterinary Care Foundation.
Make-it-Pawsible is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation and is unique in that 100% of every dollar donated goes directly to the fund. The foundation never uses charitable contributions for administration, salaries or fundraising.
Each candidate must meet the necessary criteria and complete the application process to be considered for this grant.
The client must….
- Apply for Care Credit and Scratch Pay and provide denied applications
- Contact friends and family for help first
- Be able to “place a deposit to secure funds”, 20% of estimate or minimum of $400, to pay for the consult and diagnostics, whichever is higher (any estimate over $2000, client needs to come up with 20% deposit. $400 will cover any estimate under $2000)
The patient should….
- Have a good prognosis from a single intervention for long-term recovery to a normal quality of life . . . that is, ideally, not for euthanasia.
- Be up-to-date on vaccinations, spayed/neutered, on heartworm/flea prevention (occasional expectations for found animals) Have a good quality of life prior to this issue and no other chronic issues (ex: heart disease, heartworms, diabetes, significant skin or ear infections, etc)
- Not have a chronic disease. Temporary treatment of a chronic disease, such as medication to support a lifelong ailment, is not recommended.
- Not be treated for a habitual issue. (ex: multiple foreign bodies)
- Need immediate txt. If treatment can wait for the client to save money, then the charity fund is not an option.
- Have a quick and successful recovery.
- Candidates with unknown outcomes and/or long hospital stays are not qualified candidates.
- Not have treatment that exceeds $5000
Thank you for your generosity and should you have any questions, please contact Camron at [email protected]